I'm going to finish this review of the proposed Tier 1 Navy battleships and then take a break to absorb it all in.
So on with the Navy Typhoon:
Typhoon Fleet Issue:
• Slot layout: 8 high, 4 med, 7 low, 5 turrets, 5 launchers
• Fittings: 660 CPU, 13125 powergrid, 350 calibration, 3 rig slots
• Hitpoints: +50% hit points on hull (9316), armor (9316) and shields (8203)*
• Dronebay increased by 25m3, bandwidth unchanged
• Speed: +10% max velocity and agility increased by 10%
• Sensor: +25% ladar sensor strength
* Standard Typhoon armor and shield values have been swapped as well
What we have here is no new fitting slots but an extra hardpoint of each type, a decent boost to CPU and powergrid, and a lot more armour and shields with more emphasis on armour now. Combined with better speed and agility. The increase of drone space means that the Typhoon can now carry a full flight of heavies, mediums, and lights for maximum flexibility.
Overall its is a nice damn ship. It won't win any competitions for over poweredness but it will be very quick for a battleship and the increase of weapons using its damage bonus will be noticiable for pilots speciailizing in one type over the other.