As you may or may not know, my podcast ran afoul of issues with Audacity in that random recording sessions would come through choppy, as if I was speaking through a high speed fan. It was sometimes rare, other times happened every time I tried to record a piece for a podcast, and I'd never know until playback. You quickly lose enthusiasm if you record the same thing five times over.
I tried to debug what was the cause but with nothing running and no identifiable source for interference, it was still random. So the podcast suffered.
I could have tries setting up Audacity on my old computer but wanted a more high tech solution instead. So I did some research and added to my Christmas list the recommended Olmypus VB-8100PC digital portable recorder. This tool will allow me to record the podcast with clear audio separate from any software / hardware configuration and conflict issues, and then import the audio file into Audacity for production.
Now all I need is 30 minutes to record. Going to try tonight so see you in the Ninveah channel!