1) Trying to get post out before Ripard Teg.
2) Ninja PI production in wormholes / shallow null sec / low sec will be a lot harder if not impossible (i.e. where you don't own the infrastructure).
3) As such, expect rise in PI product costs which in turn will impact running control towers.
4) This is totally an effort to make farms and fields for alliances to build and hostile alliances to use small gangs to attack. Also, further development opportunities in low sec and wormholes.
5) Think about it: entities will be able to effectively cut off significant access to planets by building the customs office and denying access to everyone else. Yeah, you can still launch packets into orbit but the volume of that launching mechanic is tiny compared to customs offices. EGADS!
6) Prepare for a new set of conflicts erupting in low sec and null sec over access to particular planets such as plasma and lava planets.
7) Boost to faction warfare by making the BPCs available from their loyalty point store at half price compared to CONCORD store?
Overall, I'm pleased.