I started composing this post before the dev blogs about the return of ship spinning / cyno effect / gun icons and new font were released and I have heard rumours that another dev blog is in the offing that will be even bigger in terms of Flying in Space content, but I'm going to propose seven changes / additions that CCP could do over the next few months to revitalize the game.
1. Super Cap Balancing - OK, that was an easy one we know is coming, but let's get it and done right.
2. New Ships - Remember those two ship design contests and the awesome entries selected near the top. Tornado anyone? Get them in game.Tier III tech 1 battlecruiser that is more damage and less tank than the tier II battlecruisers would be enough to throw the current fleet design theories for a loop, or even make them equally powerful in terms of damage and tank as the tier IIs but on the secondary weapon system for that race (Gallente drones, Caladari rails, Amarr heavy assault missiles, Minmatar... drones/missiles/guns combo a la Typhoon).
Alternatively, make them tech II ships that are deep space exploration vessels with only 4 weapon hardpoints but have marauder bonus and bonuses to probing/hacking/etc.
3. Fix Blasters - give them enough tracking / signature resolution to be able to hit same size targets at optimal when target either has no propulsion mod or it has one but friendly webs are in play. This will help to put Gallente vessels (and some Caldari ones) back into rotation.
4. Update Incursions - Everyone agrees that the Incursions were done well for PvE content but have been mastered by the people who run them on a consistent basis. Add some more randomness to them to spice things up and keep fleets on their toes.
5. More Live Events - They may not mean much in the grand scale of things, but no one ever says "I went to a live event and was bored". They breathe life and excitement into the mundane.
6. Update Faction Warfare - make having control of an enemy system in FW worth something, like the ownership of faction warfare stations switch allegiance AND enemy factions can't dock at each others stations AND the sentry guns start to participate at that station. It may not be much, but it might be enough to make taking a system deep in hostile space for a staging area worth it.
7. More Space - Either new systems accessed by wormholes, or opening up the Jove space, or adding new regions, anything to change up the status quo.