So yesterday's post generated some agreement and vehement disagreement. I want to clarify that I'm not suggesting you avoid making a Caldari character; I just found the article in question to have very questionable and subjective reasons.
In the interest of being fair, I'm going to compile a real list of reasons to be Caldari, as well as Amarr, Minmatar, and Gallente. I expect all readers to take me to task and give me a good fisking as needed.
- Their missile based ships are excellent for PvE. Drake, Raven, Navy Raven, Golem, Tengu... these are the best end game PvE ships due to being able to select the missile type for the target, excellent range, massive shield tanks, and room for DPS mods in the lows.
- In certain setups, they can project turret firepower farther than anyone else with the Rokh, Harpy, and Eagle.
- Right now lasers have the best combination of damage, range, and tracking.
- Amarr ships can field massive buffer armour tanks. In fact, their Supercarrier can tank like a Titan.
- Their command ships and Strategic Cruiser with warfare link abilities are very useful in certain types of fleets as they increase armour defenses.
- Their command ships and Strategic Cruiser with warfare link abilities are very useful in certain types of fleets as they add agility and reduce signatures.
- Projectile weapons allow the pilot to choose damage type as well as range/damage trade off.
- Their ships are typically the fastest and most agile per class.
- Certain drone based ships allow selection of damage type and target type if their drone bays are big enough (Dominix, Ishtar, etc)
- Certain blaster based ships have the highest potential damage in their class when taking drone bays into account (Megathron, Proteus, Astarte, Ishkur, etc)
* * * * *
Alright readers, give it to me. What are your reasons for flying the various factions?