Quitting Warhammer 40K that is. All you Eve readers can pick your jaws up off the floor. ;)
A little history. For the past 18 years my main hobby was table top wargaming using Games Workshop's Warhammer 40K rule system and miniatures. In fact I started this blog to support that hobby years ago.
As part of my hobby I started a community forum for warhammer players in the Ottawa area called Deep Space Gaming Club. Its still going strong with hundreds of members and lots of activity.
Well, with the birth of the twins I stopped my regular gaming and painting and I've not had the drive to get back into the swing of things. After almost two decades, I really feel like its time for a break. So I'm "quitting" Warhammer 40K for the time being, putting all my stuff into storage, and turning the community over to a trusted friend. Since I haven't been active really in six months, I don't expect this will impact my Eve gaming in any fashion.
Some Highlights of my Warhammer Career:
- First models were Howling Banshees and Dire Avengers.
- The "Whack Whack Whack Thump Thump Thump" of three Tyranid Warriors charging a Bloodthirster and getting utterly pwned.
- The game where I beat a powergamer who cheated with 400 extra points in a 1000 point game.
- The awesome Eldar/Dark Eldar scenario table we ran at Games Day.
- Every Eldar versus Dark Eldar game against Andrew
- Every Chaos versus Space Marines game against Dave
- The Eldar versus Eldar Megabattle... just amazing. Best warhammer game ever.
- The Ultimate Chaos Versus Imperial megabattle in which I led the forces of Chaos to a trouncing of the Imperials so badly that it wasn't even close.
There are tons more, but that's all for now. I just wanted an excuse to link those two megabattles. :)