- Stealth Bombers now gain a bonus to fitting siege missile launchers instead of cruise missile launchers.
- Stealth Bombers can fit and use a covert ops cloak allowing them to warp whilst cloaked.
- Stealth Bombers now have a 15% bonus to damage for racial torpedoes per covert ops skill.
- Stealth Bombers now have a flight time and velocity bonus to torpedoes. The power grid and cpu fitting attributes have been adjusted for all Stealth Bombers.
- The base velocity of Stealth Bombers has been increased.
- Bomb launchers can now be fitted to any high slot on the bomber.
As DPS in frig gangs, Assault Ships do an adequate job and can tackle and survive better.
As sneaky cloaked-warping attacker of industrials and lone ships, Force Recons do it much better (including the new Falcon now).
Someone pointed out that a cruiser that was webbed and target painted would go down really fast to torpedoes. Well, since Stealth Bombers do not have the durability and mid slots to web and paint on their own, I'm thinking that any gang of two or more ships would be the death of most cruisers. Stealth Bombers are not exploiting an untapped niche here.
There are only two situations I can see Stealth Bombers shining now:
1) Bombing - with the price of bombs dropped by 6 times the previous mineral cost, and the bomb launcher not gimping the missile hardpoints, and covert ops cloak, we might see more bombs used combat. If only they allowed them in low sec :(
2) Covert Ops Gangs - You can get around the fragility of Stealth Bombers by ensuring anything you attack cannot attack back either by the use of EWAR (ECM or RSDs) or by one shotting the target with enough torps.
The question is on the second scenario can the Bombers provide enough incentive to not just bring all Force Recons in the first place? It remains to be seen...
P.S. I've heard reports of Stealth Bombers going for 50-100 million on the market right now. Insane, the ship is nowhere near that expensive to build.
P.P.S. ALLOW BOMBS IN LOW SEC! AND GIVE THE ROKH A BIGGER DRONE BAY!