On Wednesday February 7th, 2007 I announced my intention to someday get a carrier. Now, almost a year and a half later, I have accomplished the first part of that goal. Presenting the Ninveah:
Its hard to convey how big it is, but do you see the round pedestal underneath the ship? Battleships are typically a little longer than the diameter of that structure and as you can see the Chimera dwarfs it.
Local was empty this morning before work so I undocked for some pictures in space. I didn't have time to get many good ones, perhaps this weekend I'll be more able to snap some.
* * * * *
For my summer break on skill training, I'm finally decided on some extraneous skills I need to get that will take the rest of the summer. Then in the fall its back to Carrier training with Tech II drones.
The skill lineup is:
- Energy Management V followed by Thermodynaics I - IV for overheating ability;
- Motion Prediction V following by Large Blaster Specialization I - IV for Tech II Large Blasters;
- Energy Systems Operation V for faster capacitor recharge;
- Explosive, Kinetic, EM, and Thermic Shield Compensation IV for better passive resistances;
- Shield Upgrades V for easier fitting of shield modules;
- Shield Management V for more shield points and Tech II Boost Amplifier;
- Shield Compensation IV for less cap for Shield Boosters;
- Acceleration Control IV for more speed from Microwarp Drives.
As you can see, a lot of skills to improve my ship performances across all classes.
* * * * *
Finally, some screenshots I took last weekend.
The Cormorant Destroyer which I always enjoyed the look of:
Here I am taking control of an Amarr complex with the camera set on the capture point and my ship orbiting in the background:
Here I am in a mission to kill an Amarr relay:
And here is the announcement of my promotion just after securing another complex capture point: