Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Quiet Night

Last night I got online and no one in the corp was responding. So since I had a level four mission in the queue (I've gotten into the habit of asking the agent for a mission to see what it is and not accepting or declining; you get a week to accept it and knowing what the mission is allows me to slot enough time or recruit help for it) so I accepted it and ran it down pretty easily.

I've been considering my current mission Rokh build lately and figuring out ways to reconfigure it. While in 90% of the level four missions it does great, the other 10% give me heartburn with the sheer damage it throws out.

My current setup:
[Rokh, Mission Runner]
Lows:
3 x Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
2 x Power Diagnostic System II

Mids:
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range
Invulnerability Field II
Heat Dissipation Amplifier II
3 x Large Shield Extender II

Highs:
8 x 350mm Prototype I Gauss Gun, Antimatter Charge L

Rigs:
Capacitor Control Circuit I
Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Semiconductor Memory Cell I

Drones:
Vespa II x5

DPS is 512, defence rating 111, shields have 21664 points with 58.6/73.1/66.4/77.6 resists. A good solid build for many missions but insufficient when the incoming DPS is a lot more than usual.

Here is an active tanking build I'm considering:

[Rokh, Mission Runner New]
Lows:
3 x Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
2 x Power Diagnostic System II

Mids:
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range
2 x Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Booster II
'Copasetic' I Particle Field Acceleration (aka Shield Boost Amp)
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800

Highs:
8 x 350mm Prototype I Gauss Gun, Antimatter Charge L

Rigs:
Capacitor Control Circuit I
Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Semiconductor Memory Cell I

Drones:
Vespa II x5

This build gives a sustained defence rating of 353, 11246 shield points with 65.7/66.9/75.2/83.4 resists. Basically trading the shield extenders for shield booster and amplifier and cap booster to run it, and lowering my heat resistance for increased resistance in the other three areas (although I am considering using rat specific hardeners instead of the two invul fields).

Time for live fire trials.

No comments:

Post a comment

AddThis button