I went to do the bases last night. I thought it would only take an hour but forgot about the wait times for glue to try. Stupid glue. Here's the process:
1) Paint base goblin green.
2) Let dry.
3) Glue on little gravel. Let dry.
4) Paint gravel grey. Let dry.
5) Black ink on gravel. Dry.
6) Highlight gravel with grey. Dry.
7) Fix up green, then glue on long grass if any. Dry.
8) Glue on static grass. Let dry.
Each step takes only a few minutes, but the drying times for the glue takes hours. Sigh.